February 05, 2016
Crews Chisel New Courthouse Fountain
Slippery Rock Ranch donated five blocks of sandstone to the Santa Barbara Courthouse. The courthouse’s fountain called “The Spirit of the Ocean” was originally built in 1929 by Ettore Cadorin. The fountain had suffered from years of weathering and needed replacing. The donation allowed for an exact replica of the fountain to be chiseled from the sandstone and reinstated in front of the courthouse.